The workshop, organized within the context of the ERC-AdG Scale-FreeBack project, aims to investigate problems of modelling, estimation and control of large-scale dynamical systems. Large-scale systems embed intrinsic issues in terms of computational complexity, which make their analysis and the definition of control architecture difficult.
Topic 1: Modeling and Model Aggregation
1) Carlos Canudas-de-Wit ERC Scale-FreeBack Goals & Objectives,
2) Nicolas Martin, Carlos Canudas-de-Wit, Paolo Frasca. ERC Scale-FreeBack: “Large-scale network reduction towards scale-free structure”
3) Jacquelien Scherpen (Groningen University), “Structure preserving order reduction of networked linear systems”
4) Ming Cao (Groningen University), “Modeling and control of evolutionary network dynamics”
Topic 2: Estimation & Observation
1) Didier Georges (Gipsa-Lab Grenoble INP), “Optimal sensor location for large-scale dynamical systems”
2) Francesco Viti (Luxembourg University), “Assessing partial observability in sensor location problems at large-scale networks”
3) Muhammad Niazi, Carlos Canudas-de-Wit, Alain Kibangou. ERC Scale-FreeBack: “Average State Estimation of Multiple clusters in Large-Scale Network Systems”.
Topic 3: Control Design
1) Anders Rantzer (Lund University), “When are optimal controllers scalable?”
2) Rodolphe Sepulchre (Cambridge University), “Ultrasensitivity and robust control across scales”
3) Giacomo Casadei, Carlos Canudas-de-Wit, Sandro Zampieri. ERC Scale-FreeBack: “Scale Free Controllability of Large-Scale Networks: an Output Controllability Approach”.
4) Demonstration/posters on Traffic Lab, modelling and estimation. Vadim Bertrand, Martin Rodriguez, Stephane Mollier
5) Claudio De Persis (Groningen University), “Control of flow networks ”
6) Murat Arcak (Univerisity of California, Berkeley), “Network partitioning and aggregation for hierarchical control”
Scientific Committee: Carlos Canudas-de-Wit (CNRS), Sandro Zampieri (Univ. Padova, Italy), Benjamin Seibold (Univ. Temple, USA), Paolo Frasca (CNRS), Maria Laura Delle Monache (INRIA), Giacomo Casadei (CNRS)
Local organization: Lydie Leon (CNRS), Julie Perrin (CNRS), Myriam Etienne (INRIA)
Location: A small castle near Grenoble, Château la Commanderie
For more information have a look at the flyer.